Clear Anodized, Bronze Anodized and Gold Anodized finishes are what most people think of first when considering aluminum. Wrisco delivers those finishes in the most beautiful variations available – bright, matte, clear, brush stroked and more. Anodized aluminum can accurately present the same classic appearances of other popular metals, including copper, brass, bronze and stainless steel, however, without the weight, expense and other disadvantages of those materials. Wrisco’s partnership with Lorin Industries goes even beyond that, with its ability to develop an artist’s palette of custom colors, either to match a desired shade or create a new one.
Cost and Production Efficiencies
- Anodized aluminum arrives clean and ready for immediate fabrication.
- Anodized aluminum weighs approximately 60% less than stainless, brass and copper – more parts per pound.
- The anodic layer is three times harder than the aluminum itself and provides a natural abrasion resistance not found in copper, brass and stainless steel. This means less handling damage during shipping and installation and better durability down the line.
- Sheet aluminum’s strength-to-weight ratio provides consumers with a lower overall cost per square foot for use in projects as opposed to other metals.
- Aluminum sheets are also cost-effective because there’s so much of it in the world. And it’s the only metal that is 100% recyclable, making its environmental footprint much less compared to other products.
Beauty and Versatility
- Anodized aluminum can be fabricated in a brake, roll-formed, stamped, laser engraved, laminated, perforated, welded, embossed and silk screened.
- Anodized aluminum can be processed to any color in the visible light spectrum and match any custom need.
- The coil anodizing process ensures consistent color from start to finish and edge to edge of the aluminum coil.
- The translucent oxide layer accentuates the rich metallic appearance of the aluminum and does not cover it up like paint. The aluminum oxide layer will not chip, flake or peel like paint, patina like copper, rust like steel or weather like brass.
- Because of the anodization process, your anodized sheet aluminum will come out much shinier that what typical aluminum is.
Sustainability and the Environment
- Aluminum is the most abundant element in the earth’s crust and is 100% recyclable.
- Anodized aluminum and the anodizing process do not contain any volatile organic compounds.
- The Cool Roof Alternative – Lorin ClearMatt® anodized aluminum has a higher solar reflectance index (SRI) value than white painted aluminum.
- Aluminum is commonly known to be a very lightweight metal. And compared to copper, brass, and stainless steel, it even weighs about 60% less.
- Thanks to its lightweight properties, aluminum sheets shipping costs are very cost-effective. And as a result, these shipping costs will do very little damage to your funds.
- Sheet aluminum’s lightweight qualities help in solving a myriad of design issues. No matter if you’re dealing with architectural issues or designing consumer goods, When you need a lightweight metal material, our aluminum sheets will provide you with the most versatile solutions.
- Anodized aluminum sheets are one of the toughest and most versatile metal products in the market.
- Once sheet aluminum is anodized, the surface of the metal becomes even tougher than what it was before. And this is thanks to the anodization process, which creates a surface that’s 3x stronger than what standard aluminum is.
- Because the anodization process is performed with controlled oxidation, the finishes product will never get weather or rusted.